上海 美女自荐 阿拉 爱上海
The Philadelphia Eagles have fired defensive line coach Jim Washburn after their 38-33 loss to the Dallas Cowboys Sunday night.According to the team, Washburn was “relieved of his duties” following the team’s eighth straight loss. The Eagles defensive line gave up 123 rushing yards compared to the Cowboys 183 rushing yards, which does not seem to be the reason behind his firing.“Jim is a fine football coach and we appreciate the efforts he gave to this team over the past two years,” coach Andy Reid. “However, I determined that it was in the team’s best interest that we move in a different direction in terms of trying to maximize the production of that position group. We look forward to having Tommy Brasher back on board to work with the defensive line.”Brasher was the Eagles defensive line coach in 1985 and from 1999 through 2005.One the determining factors that played into Washburn’s firing was that he had become a “cancer” around the team, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. His attitude took a turn for the worse when defensive end Jason Babin was released last week and picked up off of waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars.Washburn was hired by Reid in Jan. 2011 to improve his pass rush defense. He brought his wide nine scheme to the Eagles, which aims to sack the quarterback at the expense of a run defense. The Eagles only managed to sack Tony Romo Sunday night one time for an 11-yard loss.The Eagles have 46 sacks on the season, but that was not enough for Reid nor the Eagles front office.Washburn built a reputation with the team for being outspoken about his thoughts. Last November, he was involved in an argument with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg on the sideline during a game.He also expressed his frustrations to players about former defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, who was fired earlier in the season by Reid. Washburn has also complained about new defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.With a few more weeks left to go in the season, Reid has potentially seen his last days as the Eagles head coach and could possibly receive his pink slip soon.
Officials at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, were assessing damage from a major Memorial Day storm that included at least one tornado hitting the area Monday night.Base spokeswoman Marie Vanover said that initial assessments included damage to approximately 150 off-base homes with several sustaining major damage, according to Military.com.The storm system was the latest extreme weather to hit military installations in the past year, as On Base has reported.The Marine Corps’ Camp Lejeune, N.C., suffered $3.6 billion in damage from Hurricane Florence in September, and in October Hurricane Michael caused an estimated $3 billion in damage to Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.In March major flooding struck Offutt Air Force Base, Neb., causing $420 million in damage.Those bases and others await funding to rebuild as the House has been unable to pass the disaster aid bill this week. The bill includes $1.67 billion for the Air Force and $981 million for the Navy and Marine Corps.The next opportunity for passage of the disaster aid bill comes Thursday when the House will attempt a third unanimous consent vote. If blocked again, it will be on the chamber’s agenda next week when lawmakers return from recess.Air Force photo by Senior Airman Jean-Paul Arnaud-Marquez ADC AUTHOR
Senators have a list of demands for Google. Future Publishing/Getty Images Ten Democratic senators, including presidential hopefuls Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, have sent a letter to Google urging the tech giant to stop its “anti-worker practices.” The letter, dated July 25 and addressed to Google CEO Sundar Pichai, said the company’s 121,000 contract and temporary workers should be promoted to full-time status. Google’s business model relies heavily on contract and temporary workers, so much so that the population is larger than its full-time employees, Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio said in the letter obtained by The New York Times on Monday. Google’s temps and contractors outnumber full-time employees by 19,000 people.The senators’ demands for the workers also include prohibiting financial disincentives, wage and benefit parity, limit on the use of independent contractors and temporary workers to temporary or non-core work, prohibition of mandatory nondisclosure agreements, elimination of all noncompete clauses in contracts, and Google’s acceptance of liability for any workplace violations that occur with independent contractors or temp workers. The senators requested that Google respond before Aug. 9. The company responded Monday. “We are proud to create economic opportunities for both the people we employ directly and our extended workforce of vendors, temporary staff and independent contractors, and believe that our practices in this regard accord with the highest industry standards,” says a letter sent by Eileen Naughton, vice president of people operations, to the senators. “Respectfully, we strongly disagree with any suggestion that Google misuses independent contractors or temporary workers.” In the letter, Google said it engages “only a handful” of independent contractors when it wants to bring in highly specialized expertise. The company also said its temporary worker population makes up 3% of its total workforce. Along the same lines, vendors, which Google says accounts for the majority of its extended workforce, are hired for specialized uses too. “Being a temporary worker is not intended to be a path to employment at Google, and because we want to be clear and upfront, this is a part of our written policies and the training that all Google employees managing temporary staff must take,” Naughton said in the letter.In May, a group of temps who work on Google Assistant alleged wage theft against the tech giant. The group said Google pressured its contractors to work overtime without extra pay. After an internal complaint, Google fired the executive in charge of the project. In April, Google said it’d require the companies that supply the search giant with temporary and contract workers to provide them full benefits. The benefits would include health care, a $15 minimum wage and paid parental leave. The change came the same day 900 Google workers signed a letter demanding better treatment of the company’s temps, vendors and contractors. In its Aug. 5 letter, Google said these policies will go into effect at the beginning of 2020. The company said it expects the majority of its temporary staff and vendors to be covered under the standard by mid-2020. Originally published Aug. 5, 12:27 p.m. PT.Update, at 12:56 p.m. PT: Adds response from Google. Mobile Internet Internet Services Comments Tags Share your voice 14 Google
ReutersA woman experienced acute anxiety after she woke up on a ‘freezing cold’ and ‘pitch black’ Air Canada flight, hours after it landed at Toronto airport earlier this month. The carrier said they are investigating how the cabin crew left the sleeping passenger without checking.The incident involving Tiffani Adams was shared on Facebook by her friend Deanna Noel-Date on June 20. The post described how Adams got herself out of the carrier after getting locked up by the cabin crew members. “I think I’m having a bad dream bc like seriously how is this happening!” Adams wrote in the post.While the carrier confirmed the incident, it hasn’t released the findings of the investigation, reported Associated Press. “We are still reviewing this matter so we have no additional details to share, but we have followed up with the customer and remain in contact with her,” Air Canada told AP.According to the post, she found it difficult to breathe and tried to control her panic attack while attempting to “charge my phone by plugging into every USB port I could find.”Noel-Dale initially assumed that Adams was at home and experiencing bad dreams when she contacted her. It was only after Adams opened FaceTime and showed her the pitch-black cabin that she understood the situation. However, Adams claims that her phone switched off due to low battery soon after talking to her friend about the situation. Adams later got hold of a flashlight from the cockpit and made SOS symbols. After gaining no response, she opening the main cabin door and managed to get the attention of a nearby ground staff who helped her out of the plane.The passenger wrote that after an Air Canada representative asked if she was ok, she was offered a limo and hotel but she rejected the offer. She said the company later apologised and said they would investigate the matter.The incident, however, continued to affect her even after 10 days, “I haven’t got much sleep since the reoccurring night terrors and waking up anxious and afraid I’m alone locked up someplace dark,” she wrote.
The Judge’s wife and son were shot at by their own security personnelCCO Public domainA 25-year-old police officer, who was a part of Punjab Chief Minister’s security team, was shot dead on early Sunday after he stopped a man from harassing women in the parking lot of a club in Phase XI of Mohali.The accused, identified as Charanjit Singh alias Sahil Sagar, fired three bullets at the victim, Sukhwinder Singh at 3:30 am. A bullet hit Sukhwinder’s chest, the second one brushed past the abdomen and the third missed him.Sukhwinder had joined the force in 2017 and is survived by his parents and two sisters. Sahil Sagar had visited the club with two male friends and one female friend. He was allegedly rubbing against other women on the dance floor even when they made their discomfort known, reported Times of India.Sukhwinder stepped in and a scuffle broke out between them. Sahil Sagar was removed from the premises by the bouncers a little after 2:30 am. However, he waited in the parking lot for Sukhwinder and the duo got into another fight which ended with Sahil shooting at Sukhwinder. The accused is still absconding. The police said there is no problem in arresting the accused since his identity and motive for murder are known. They identified him through the CCTV footage of the parking lot.”The identity of the accused is clear. We are questioning his accomplices and will arrest him soon. Teams have been formed to catch him,” Kuldeep Singh Chahal, Mohali’s senior superintendent of police told TOI.A case against Sahil has been filed under sections 120-B (criminal conspiracy), 25, 27, 53 of the Arms Act and 302 (murder) under the Indian Penal Code at the Phase XI police station.
Road Accident LogoThree members of a family were killed when a truck rammed a motorbike at Bashbaria in Bagatipara upazila of Natore on Sunday, reports UNB.The deceased is Khaledur Rahman, his wife Sonia and there six-year-old daughter Tashfi.Police said the accident took place when a sand-laden truck hit a motorbike carrying three people, leaving the trio dead on the spot.Police recovered the bodies and sent those to a hospital morgue for autopsy.However, police could not arrest anyone as the truck driver managed to flee.
Share Patrick Semansky/AP FileIn this Nov. 12, 2018, file photo, Cardinal Daniel DiNardo of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, president of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, listens to a reporter’s question during a news conference at the USCCB’s annual fall meeting in Baltimore.As Cardinal Daniel DiNardo prepares to lead a crucial meeting of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on how to deal with abuse cases, a survivor advocacy group is asking for his resignation over the alleged mishandling of several cases that have occurred in the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.Members of the Houston chapter of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) plan to hold a rally at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in downtown Houston, to demand that DiNardo steps down as head of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.Alvaro ‘Al’ Ortiz/Houston Public MediaMichael Norris, leader of the Houston chapter of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP).In an interview with Houston Matters, Michael Norris, who leads SNAP in Houston, said DiNardo “doesn’t have the leadership” to head the USCCB and he lacks the “moral authority” because of several alleged local cases of sex abuse in which, according to the advocacy group, he has shown leniency toward accused priests.Norris talked about the alleged abuse cases by Manuel La Rosa-Lopez a former priest at Conroe’s Sacred Heart Church, and other cases involving Reverend John T. Keller at Prince of Peace Catholic Community in northwest Houston and Father Jesus Suarez, who worked at Houston’s St. Philip of Jesus Catholic Church. Suarez also served at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Conroe.Latest accusationNorris also pointed at the latest allegation against DiNardo. It was made last week by Laura Pontikes, a Houston construction executive. She says the cardinal allowed Monsignor Frank Rossi, who for a time was second in command at the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, to move to another parish after she reported that he lured her into a sexual relationship. “He’s part of the problem, he’s not part of the solution,” Norris said. “It’s time for him to step down and allow someone to get in there who can actually take care of the problem.”The archdiocese has said it acted proactively in these cases by suspending the priests and ordering them to undergo therapy, and is cooperating with law enforcement.Archdiocese respondsOn Monday afternoon, the archdiocese sent out a statement saying DiNardo “will not resign from anything” and, instead, “will continue working with like-minded reformers at all levels of the Church to fight the evil of abuse in all its forms.”The statement added that, as president of the USCCB, the cardinal has shown an “aggressive leadership” that has helped lay the foundation for a recent decree by Pope Francis making bishops directly accountable either for acts of sexual abuse or efforts to cover such behavior up.“Here at home,” the archdiocese added, “Cardinal DiNardo has also acted swiftly and justly in removing priests from active ministry each time he was presented with credible evidence of sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior.”Baltimore meetingThe meeting of the Catholic Bishops will take place in Baltimore starting Tuesday. The bishops will be guided by the groundbreaking new law issued by Pope Francis on May 9 that the archdiocese’s statement referenced. It requires priests and nuns worldwide to report clergy sexual abuse and cover-ups by their superiors to church authorities. It also calls for any claim of sexual misconduct or cover-up against a bishop to be reported to the Vatican and a supervisory bishop in the U.S.SNAP said the pope’s edict was a step forward, but urged the U.S. bishops to go further by requiring that church staff report their suspicions to police and prosecutors in addition to reporting internally. SNAP also said the bishops should turn over any files and records related to sex abuse to their state attorneys general for investigation, and it urged the bishops to ensure that all U.S. dioceses release lists of priests, nuns and other church staff alleged to have committed sexual abuse.Beyond the pope’s edict, the bishops will consider creating an independent, third-party reporting system to which allegations of abuse could be filed.