More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour ago33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne.The adjoining kitchen has European appliances, an integrated coffee machine, granite island benchtop and bench seating beside a bi-fold window.A hallway runs behind the living and dining rooms, connecting a bedroom with built-in wardrobe to a large storage room, bathroom and laundry with external access.Walls of bi-folding doors create a natural flow out to a covered terrace with privacy blinds. It overlooks an established garden with lawn, shrubs and an in-ground pool with timber decking. 33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne.WITH a desirable riverfront location, this contemporary residence has style in spades across three well-designed floors.The property at 33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne, has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a four car garage and pool.Inviting outdoor living areas complement the peaceful surrounds of established gardens on a quiet street. 33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne.This house’s third-storey rooftop terrace creates an outdoor entertaining area with city and Brisbane River glimpses. The property also features ducted airconditioning throughout, a front gate intercom and additional storage space on the lower level. Its Hawthorne location is near Hawthorne Park and Oxford St shopping and dining, while the Brisbane CBD is less than 7km away. Listing agent Michael Clarke of Ray White Bulimba said this house was perfectly designed for family living with private and social areas thoughtfully scattered throughout. “Buyers searching for a low-maintenance and luxurious lifestyle need not look further than this exclusive residence,” he said. The property is open for inspections today (Sat Sept 16) from 10.30-11.30am and 1-1.30pm, with the home set to go to auction on site noon September 30. 33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne.Upstairs, the first floor revolves around a versatile rumpus room with dramatic void. Sliding doors connect it to a carpeted study with built-in desks and shelving, storage closet and covered balcony. All four upstairs bedrooms have ceiling fans, carpet and privacy shutters, including the main bedroom, which also features a walk-in wardrobe, private balcony and ensuite with double vanity, spa bath and dual shower heads. The other bedrooms share a modern, naturally-lit bathroom. 33 Aaron Ave, Hawthorne.Stairs lead up from a driveway and four-car garage on the lower level to the ground floor’s grand entry amid towering frosted-glass windows. Featuring polished tiles, high ceilings and down lighting, the open-plan dining, living and lounge rooms create an expansive indoor entertaining space.
ST JOHN’S, Antigua (CMC) – Exiled left-hander Darren Bravo is set to play for West Indies again “with immediate effect” after he and Cricket West Indies president Dave Cameron exchanged apologies to end a nine-month impasse.In a statement yesterday, Cricket West Indies said the 28-year-old player would be “available with immediate effect to play in all forms of cricket.” Bravo had his match-tour contract cancelled and was sent home ahead of the Tri-Nation Series in Zimbabwe last November for labelling Cameron “a big idiot” in a controversial tweet.Cameron said Bravo was a “valuable part” of the West Indies side and had intended “no insult or offence” when he gave an interview last year appearing to criticise Bravo over his lack of form.“In early November 2016, I gave an interview to SportsMax TV during which I discussed player retainer contracts and the grades of contract that had been awarded to certain players,” Cameron said in the statement.“In the course of the interview I stated that Darren Bravo had previously been on an ‘A’ contract, which I have since been advised is not correct. I apologise for the misstatement, and wish to assure Mr Bravo that there was no insult or offence intended towards him.“Darren is a senior cricketer who has been a valuable part of the Windies set up for a long time, and I would hope to see his game continue to progress and mature, at both regional and international levels.”Bravo, the region’s leading Test batsman with an average of 40 from 49 Tests, said his reaction to Cameron’s comments in the media interview had been “inappropriate” and had now removed the offending tweet from his Twitter account.“On the 11th day of November 2016, after viewing statements made about me by Mr Dave Cameron, president of the Cricket West Indies, on a television sports programme, I tweeted a response which referred to the president which was, in retrospect, inappropriate,” Bravo said.“As I have always tried to uphold the best traditions of West Indies Cricket and its players, I now therefore wish to withdraw the comment made on my Twitter account and apologise to the president of CWI and to all Windies fans.“I look forward to continuing to play a positive role in both the West Indies’ senior men’s team and regional cricket, as well as helping to grow and develop cricket in the region at all levels.”Bravo had also earlier this year initiated legal action against CWI over the matter but the release did not state whether this had been withdrawn.The controversy erupted after CWI announced that Bravo had declined a retainer contract for the period up to September 30, 2017, with news subsequently emerging that the player had rejected a Grade C contract – a downgrade from his previous retainer.In the controversial media interview, Cameron said Bravo’s performances had not merited an enhanced contract.“His averages in the last two years have been declining, so what do you do? Reward poor performance or do you encourage him to get better?” Cameron was quoted as saying.“If you continue to keep giving him an A contract then what is the motivation to get better? He has been on an A contract and he hasn’t done well.”In response, Bravo lashed out angrily on Twitter, tagging Cameron in a tweet which said: “You hav[e] been failing 4 d last 4 yrs. Y don’t u resign and FYI I’ve neva been given an A contract. Big idiot.”CWI slammed Bravo’s actions as “disparaging” to Cameron and demanded he apologise and remove the tweet. The player complied with neither.Bravo since then has been barred from selection and also from playing for his native Trinidad and Tobago.Only recently, Cameron said Bravo would remain sidelined until the tweet was removed.West Indies are expected to tour England next month for three Tests with a squad announcement expected this week but Bravo last month indicated his unavailability because of commitments in the Caribbean Premier League.