不准不开心论坛

SA bank robberies down by 58%

Posted on

first_img8 September 2011 Co-ordinated efforts by police and business saw bank robberies drop by a massive 58% over the last year, marking the biggest decline in South Africa’s generally improved crime statics for 2010/11. Releasing the country’s annual crime statistics in Pretoria on Thursday, Police Minister Nathi Mthethwa said there were just 39 bank robberies in 2010/11 compared to the 93 cases recorded in 2009/10. The minister attributed the success to coordinated efforts between police and businesses. Cash-in-transit heists also declined significantly, by 18.7%, which Mthethwa attributed to the arrest of key criminals involved in bank and cash-in-transit robberies, coupled with the police’s rapid response. Allowing photographs of criminals wanted for these crimes to be published had also led to arrests and contributed to the decrease.ATM bombings up 61.5% However, Mthethwa expressed concern over ATM bombings, which had increased by 61.5%. Most of these blasts took place in Gauteng province, which accounted for 57.1% for ATM bombings, followed by North West province with 12.4%. “Some of these trends are informed by migration and displacement of crime from one province to another, but we are beginning to intensify our operations in some of these hard-hit provinces,” he said. Despite the massive increase in ATM bombings, the minister noted that there were also some successes. “According to the South African Banking Risk Information Centre, this form of crime has started to decline, with a 17% decline in ATM robberies since April 2011 compared with the same period last year.” The crime statistics also indicated a 2.8% increase in commercial crime ratio. The minister noted that commercial crime was not only a South African problem but a global challenge, adding that the police hoped to partner with their international counterparts to improve their methods of tackling such crime locally. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

NGO seeks probe into recurring elephant deaths in Odisha

Posted on

first_imgWith 45% elephant mortality allegedly caused due to unnatural reasons in Odisha, Wildlife Society of Orissa (WSO), an environmental pressure group, has demanded institution of an inquiry into recurring elephant deaths and fixing of accountability on negligent forest officers.In nine months since April 1 this year, as many as 67 elephants have died while 30 of these deaths have been found to be unnatural ones, says WSO analysis.“The elephant mortality data show that in about 45% of the cases, death was caused by unnatural reasons including about 20% due to poaching by weapons and electrocution. In about 28% of the cases, no prima facie reason for death could be ascertained some of which would certainly be due to unnatural reasons,” says the analysis.“It is also very disconcerting that in most unnatural deaths, the victims have been adult breeding male elephants. Odisha loses 18 to 20 of such elephants every year, threatening the health and sustainability of their population. Already 18 such adults have died in Odisha since April,” said Biswajit Mohanty, WSO secretary.Seeking action against State forest officers in a letter addressed to the director of Project Elephant, Mr. Mohanty, former member of National Biodiversity Board, charged, “Odisha has now become the elephant graveyard of India with deaths being reported almost every week. The State forest department has not been able to stop this despite crores of rupees spent on patrolling and protection.” “The main reason is lack of accountability as no senior officer is punished for negligence or lack of supervision. Only forest guards and foresters are suspended,” he pointed out.last_img read more

Australian Youth and Masters Head Coach Expressions of Interest

Posted on

first_imgOver the next four years from 2016-2020 Touch Football Australia (TFA) will have numerous representative teams competing in various international events. The cycle will culminate in the 2019 Federation of International (FIT) Touch World Cup being hosted in Malaysia. Leading up to 2019 Australia will compete on the international stage annually. The full list of international events appears below: 2016 Auckland, NZ Open Trans Tasman2017 Australia Open, Youth & Masters Trans Tasman2018 New Zealand Open Trans Tasman2019 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia FIT Touch World Cup & Youth Trans Tasman Expression of Interest To support the High Performance Program TFA is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably qualified, currently accredited and active elite level coaches to fill the following Youth & Masters coaching positions. Youth ProgramBoys 17’s Head CoachGirls 17’s Head CoachBoys 19’s Head CoachGirls 19’s Head CoachMixed 17’s Head CoachMixed 19’s Head Coach Masters ProgramMen’s 30’s Head CoachMen’s 35’s Head CoachMen’s 40’s Head CoachMen’s 50’s Head CoachWomen’s 30’s Head CoachSenior Mixed Head Coach For more information on the application process, please click on the attached memo below. Related Filestfa_youth___masters_coach_eoi_promotion-pdfRelated LinksHead Coach EOIlast_img read more

10 months agoMazzarri adamant Torino deserved two spotkicks for Juventus defeat

Posted on

first_imgAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Mazzarri adamant Torino deserved two spotkicks for Juventus defeatby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTorino coach Walter Mazzarri is adamant they didn’t deserve defeat to Juventus.The Derby della Mole was decided by a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty when Mario Mandzukic pounced on Simone Zaza’s poor back-pass.However, when it was still 0-0, Toro had two of their own appeals waved away.“I have to compliment my lads, because they put in a strong performance and played on a par with a tank like Juventus,” Mazzarri told DAZN.“In these cases, the incidents ultimately make the difference. We lost Salvatore Sirigu to injury early on, but Ichazo did well too. It’s a pity to have missed out on a point that we would’ve deserved.“You can take something from Juve only if they underestimate you, but they rested Giorgio Chiellini in the Champions League midweek, which shows how much they were thinking about this derby.“An unfortunate incident proved decisive. Perhaps there could’ve been a penalty or two in our favour, we certainly got that impression… In other games, VAR went back to look at this sort of situation.“Belotti was jumping to head the ball, which is his specialty, and he has a good chance of scoring if he connects with it cleanly. If you are pushed when mid-air, in my view that is a clear penalty.“People say we complain, but since the last time there was a meeting about VAR, they have generally gone to check on incidents. Belotti and Zaza appealed and asked for it to be viewed on VAR.” last_img read more

10 months agoSolskjaer: Man Utd players don’t need to be best friends

Posted on

first_imgSolskjaer: Man Utd players don’t need to be best friendsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists his players do not need to be best friends.He is putting his squad through their paces in Dubai during United’s mid-season warm weather training camp.Solskjaer revealed there have been some friendly arguments after practice games but said he wants to see even more niggle.“You don’t have to be best friends,” said Solskjaer. “The team spirit is great. We had one or two fights, but that’s just the demand, the standards you set.“If the session ends with a little bit of a quarrel I don’t mind that, because it means they’re winners, they want to improve.“If you settle for losing in training, you’ll lose when a game when it really matters.“It’s a long, hard season. You’ve got to deal with the wins, defeats, setbacks and players not playing.“They all want to play, but they all want the best for their mates and everyone understands it’s a team game.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

9 months agoMan City boss Guardiola says Danilo deserves his place

Posted on

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City boss Guardiola says Danilo deserves his placeby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola says Danilo deserves his place at right-back.The manager has started Kyle Walker on the bench for City’s last two league games as he went with Danilo.“I think they know that already, but maybe you realise more on the bench,” said the Catalan. “They know it.“From the beginning of the season, we spoke about that. We can imagine a different starting XI and not everyone can play.“When we don’t win, it’s always ‘Why didn’t we play this guy?’ When we win, people don’t think about the players who don’t play. But the players who don’t play know they have to be at a high level, because the other ones, if they’re injured, they can play.”Guardiola claimed Brazilian Danilo earned his chance.“There’s no doubt about how important Kyle is for us, so we need him,” he said. “We need the best Kyle.“But one day I decided to put Danilo in and he played top, so I gave him more minutes because he also said he’d arrived here from Real Madrid and I’d never given him four or five games in a row.“You can’t judge a player when he plays once and then has three or four games beside me [on the bench]. The players need time.“The winter time was so demanding, I decided to put Danilo in for a game and he played well. So I said I wanted him for one or two more games.” last_img read more

HBC stock climbs after exec purchases about 18 million of the retailers

Posted on

first_imgCompanies in this story: (TSX:HBC) The Canadian Press TORONTO — Hudson’s Bay Co.’s stock is up about 12 per cent after an entity controlled by HBC executive chairman Richard Baker announced it picked up another eight per cent stake in the department store company.Baker and his Rupert of the Rhine LLC say they have acquired almost 18 million shares from a subsidiary of the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board for $9.45 a share.Baker and Rupert of the Rhine already have a controlling stake in the company and the purchased shares represent about 9.76 per cent of the issued or outstanding common shares on a non-diluted basis.The purchase has caused HBC’s stock to climb to about $8.26 in early trading and comes a month after HBC announced it had a third-quarter net loss of $164 million or 69 cents per share.Baker and HBC previously caught flak from a handful of investors, including Teachers’, which voted in June against the company’s remuneration practices that included a $54.8-million pay package for Baker.At the same time, it faced criticism from activist investor Jonathan Litt for failing to take advantage of its real estate to create more value for shareholders. last_img read more

MLA Dan Davies and Jane Thornthwaite hosts roundtable on mental health and

Posted on

first_imgFORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Peace River North MLA, Dan Davies, and Opposition Critic for Mental Health and Addictions, Jane Thornthwaite were hosts to a recent roundtable discussion on mental health, addictions, and the opioid crisis.The discussion centred on the need for treatment facilities, expanded medical services, street clinics, and mental health and counselling providers.According to Thornthwaite, mental health and addictions affect all areas of the Province, including communities such as Fort St. John. “Mental health and addictions challenges affect all areas of B.C. and smaller cities like Fort St. John are no exception.”Thornthwaite says what sets smaller communities apart from larger cities, is the struggle with having available services to those dealing with mental health and addictions.“But smaller or more rural municipalities often struggle with fewer services and less access to trained professionals than urban centres. Access to accurate overdose data would help to identify gaps and target services where they are most needed. Northern residents need immediate treatment and recovery options when they reach out for help.”Davies says he welcomed Thornthwaite to Fort St. John to discuss this vitally important topic and appreciates her sharing her knowledge with first responders and front-line workers.“We were pleased to welcome MLA Thornthwaite to Fort St. John to discuss this vitally important topic with our dedicated first responders and front-line workers. She brings an incredible amount of experience to the table and will bring these concerns forward on behalf of northern British Columbians.”last_img read more

Delhi BJP shortlists 21 names for 7 seats

Posted on

first_imgNew Delhi: Delhi BJP’s election committee on Friday shortlisted three names each for the seven Lok Sabha seats in the national capital, amid protests by party members over celebrities joining the organisation for tickets ahead of polls, party leaders said. The list, which was finalised at a meeting of the state unit’s election committee, does not include the name of former cricketer Gautam Gambhir, whose name was making rounds as a possible candidate from the New Delhi seat after he joined the BJP, said a leader who attended the meeting. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murder”All the seven sitting party MPs’ names have been included in the list which will be sent to the Central Election Committee for final selection of candidates,” he said. Some other Delhi BJP leaders who attended the meeting claimed “objections were raised over celebrities joining the BJP for Lok Sabha tickets and demanded priority for dedicated leaders and workers during ticket distribution”. The meeting chaired by Delhi BJP chief Manoj Tiwari was also attended by Union minister and Lok Sabha incharge of the unit Nirmala Sitharaman and co-incharge Jaibhan Singh Pawaiya. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsFrom the New Delhi seat, besides sitting MP Meenakshi Lekhi, Delhi BJP incharge and national vice president Shyam Jaju, and Delhi BJP general secretary Rajesh Bhatia have been shortlisted, they said. For the Chandni Chowk seat, names of sitting MP and Union minister Harsh Vardhan, Leader of Opposition in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta and Sudhanshu Mittal have been selected. MP Mahesih Girri, Aman Sinha and Delhi BJP MLA OP Sharma have been shortlisted from East Delhi, they said. The name of Tiwari, who is a sitting MP, is in the list of probables from North East Delhi seat. From West Delhi, sitting MP Parvesh Verma, Kamaljeet Sehrawat and Pawan Sharma’s names have been shortlisted. For South Delhi, names of sitting MP Ramesh Bidhuri, Ram Veer Bidhuri and Brham Singh Tanwar have been selected, while Udit Raj (MP), Ashok Pradhan and Anita Arya have been shortlisted from the North West reserved seat, they said.last_img read more

Illuminated Bagjola canal adds to nightlife charm in New Town

Posted on

first_imgKolkata: Dazzling colourful lights on the bridge over the Bagjola canal in New Town is a sight to behold.The bridge is situated close to the Biswa Banga Convention Centre and Zone The Park. In addition to the decoration with lights, the bridge the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation (HIDCO) has come up with illuminated fountains on the canal. The Bagjola Canal was used to offload garbage and rubbish till the canal was given a facelift. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaDuring one of her trips to the New Town city to hold an administrative review meeting Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee asked HIDCO chairman Debashis Sen if setting up of a floating vegetable market was possible on the canal. Following which the canal, which was full of hyacinth, was cleaned and steps were taken to beautify its banks. As the canal is situated close to the Biswa Bangla Convention Centre, which a venue for various cultural programmes, the Housing Infrastructure Development Corporation authorities thought that areas surrounding the canal should be developed to give it a new look. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayThis apart, those who stay at Zone The Park often go out in the evening to take a stroll on the banks of the canal. Not only the banks of the canal, the beauty of New Town at night has attained a new height all together. US citizen Shiv Kumar Ganguly, who had been demanding a good park in the city for a long time, said: “My view on Kolkata changed ever since I visited New Town. Some friends took me to Eco Park, which can compete with any urban park in Europe or United States. Footfall in no park in the United States has crossed 10 million in five years. The Eco Park is so clean and maintained so well.” Many people from Kolkata and its neighhood visit New Town to see the lights at night. The specially-designed lights at the seven wonders are a real spectacle. The miniature Pyramid, Taj Mahal or the Great Wall of China look beautiful and close to real at night when the lights are on. It may be mentioned that HIDCO has taken several steps to conserve power as a part of clean and green city drive in New Town.last_img read more