南京性价比场子90分钟

Cavaliers stun Raptors in Kawhi Leonard’s return; 2 ejected for fight

Posted on

first_imgLATEST STORIES 1 dead, 3 injured in Quezon road crash “I saw it out of the corner of my eye,” Love said. “It happened so fast. Everybody almost wants to run out there and check what’s going on. It was broken up quick. That’s usually how it goes.”Neither player was available for comment following the game. A Raptors spokesman said Ibaka was reacting to something Chriss said to him after the Toronto player was knocked to the floor.Cleveland held a 91-77 lead when the fight occurred and poured it on in the fourth quarter. Toronto coach Nick Nurse pulled his starters as the Cavaliers pulled away and the lead reached 27 points with just under a minute to play.“That was a great win for us,” Love said. “Especially against a real good team at home. It was fun.”Cedi Osman scored 19 points and Ante Zizic had 17 for Cleveland, which placed six players in double figures.ADVERTISEMENT Leonard was 11 of 19 from the field, but the Raptors only led briefly in the first half.“They did a great job, they played well, and they made open shots,” Leonard said. “That’s pretty much the way the game played out.”Kyle Lowry scored 14 points for the Raptors. Toronto (48-20) trails Milwaukee by 2 1/2 games for the best record in the league.Toronto rolled to a 125-104 win over the Heat without Leonard, tying a franchise record with 21 3-pointers and outscoring Miami 63-24 from beyond the arc.Leonard, averaging 27 points this season, hasn’t appeared in more than two consecutive games since playing in five straight from Jan. 25 through Feb. 5.The Raptors, showing signs of being tired in their third straight road game, struggled throughout the game. Toronto fell behind by 10 points and committed 11 turnovers leading to 13 points for the Cavaliers.Cleveland coach Larry Drew said before the game Love, who hasn’t played in back-to-back games since returning from foot surgery, will sit out Tuesday in Philadelphia.TIP-INSRaptors: G Fred Van Vleet (ligament tear in left thumb) missed his 11th straight game. … G Patrick McCaw made his first start with the team Sunday at Miami with Leonard sidelined, scoring 10 points in 26 minutes. McCaw appeared in three games with the Cavaliers earlier this season.Cavaliers: Cleveland is 5-4 since the All-Star break. … F Larry Nance Jr. (bruised rib) was out after being injured Friday against the Heat. … G Matthew Dellavedova (concussion) missed his second straight game. Urgent reply from Philippine ‍football chief Cavaliers: Visit Philadelphia on Tuesday.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Bradley Beal’s late surge lifts Wizards past Kings PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Trump campaign, GOP groups attack Google’s new ad policy Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Private companies step in to help SEA Games hostingcenter_img Cleveland Cavaliers’ Collin Sexton (2) drives past Toronto Raptors’ Kyle Lowry (7) in the first half of an NBA basketball game, Monday, March 11, 2019, in Cleveland. (AP Photo/Tony Dejak)CLEVELAND— Even with Kawhi Leonard back in the lineup, the best fight Toronto put up in Cleveland was when Serge Ibaka threw a punch at Marquese Chriss.Ibaka and Chriss were ejected for fighting during the Cavaliers’ 126-101 victory over the Raptors on Monday night.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Leonard scored 25 points after sitting out Sunday’s game, but the team with the league’s second-best record trailed most of the way.Collin Sexton scored 28 points and Kevin Love had 16 points and 18 rebounds for Cleveland, which dominated the second half and seemed to gain momentum after the fight with a second left in the third quarter.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine ‍football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesIbaka went to the floor after he and Chriss were battling for position under Cleveland’s basket as the Raptors attempted a full-court pass that sailed out of bounds.Ibaka shoved Chriss from behind and grabbed near his neck before throwing a punch. Chriss responded with a punch before players from both teams separated the two. Ibaka immediately headed for the locker room and both players were kicked out after the officials conferred. FIGHT ANALYSISPlayers and coaches stepped in when Ibaka and Chriss squared off, but no one seemed to get a good view of the incident.“I didn’t see much of it, to be honest,” Nurse said. “Listen, it’s always going to be concerning when something like that happens. We certainly don’t want that in our game. We don’t want to lose one of our guys.”The teams don’t play again this season.TOUGH NIGHTNurse had a simple explanation for the loss that ended Toronto’s three-game road trip that began with wins over New Orleans and Miami.“It didn’t seem like our energy was where theirs was,” he said. “Obviously, we’re coming off a back-to-back and off a game where we played unbelievably well and we didn’t handle the success that great.”Nurse said Lowry turned an ankle late in the game, but the injury isn’t serious.UP NEXTRaptors: Host the Lakers on Thursday. Hong Kong tunnel reopens, campus siege nears end Lacson backs proposal to elect president and vice president in tandem P2.5 B shabu seized in Makati sting, Chinese national nabbed MOST READ View commentslast_img read more

Commercial Operators Urged to Dispose of Garbage Properly

Posted on

first_img Executive Director of the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA), Audley Gordon, is urging operators of commercial entities to work with the agency to ensure the proper disposal of solid waste. As such, he is advising developers to check with the Authority on proper waste-disposal protocol before they begin construction. Executive Director of the National Solid Waste Management Authority (NSWMA), Audley Gordon, is urging operators of commercial entities to work with the agency to ensure the proper disposal of solid waste.While the NSWMA is not responsible for the removal of commercial garbage, Mr. Gordon told JIS News that business owners can consult the agency in order to put proper arrangements in place.He lamented that a number of commercial centres across the island do not have adequate facilities for solid-waste storage and disposal.As such, he is advising developers to check with the Authority on proper waste-disposal protocol before they begin construction.“First of all, you should make arrangements when you are building the plaza where the trucks will have access to get the garbage and where the garbage will be housed. All those things have to be included in the planning. We are appealing to commercial entities and developers to get us in on the conversation early when doing these plans, so that the solid waste management can be part of the overall strategy when you are building,” he stressed.The NSWMA Executive Director warned that persons who continue to litter could face stiffer sanctions under new regulations to come on stream shortly for breaches of the NSWMA Act.Meanwhile, Senior Investigator for the NSWMA, Phillip Morgan, said that operators of commercial enterprises should ensure that waste and other debris are properly containerised and taken to an approved dump site.This, he noted, is particularly important for food establishments, which must have a proper waste-disposal system in place in order to be issued a public health certificate to operate.For persons who contract the NSWMA, Mr. Morgan explained that an agent will visit the establishment to assess waste in terms of how many bags are generated per day or per week, and a rate will then be applied.“For example, if it is $200 to collect a bag and you generate 10 bags per week, you would pay $2,000 for the collection of waste every week. Persons who prefer to have waste removed from the premises daily will do so for an additional cost,” he said.Enterprises found in breach of the NSWMA Act will be charged with illegal dumping. This is a prosecutable offence under the law.Section 45A of the NSWMA Act stipulates that persons who dispose of waste in a manner not approved by the Authority, if found guilty, can be fined up to $1 million or sentenced to a nine-month jail term or both.“It may start with a ticket fine for littering. The lower end is $2,000 for the person who actually does the littering. For the person who employs the person doing the littering, it is $10,000. But, it may go up to as much as $1 million if brought before the court, and, also, they might face jail time,” Mr. Morgan outlined.The NSWMA is the regulator of the waste collection industry and is mandated to collect domestic or residential waste.Arrangements for waste collection and disposal can be made by business operators through the NSWMA’s regional bodies.These are Metropolitan Parks and Markets (MPM) Waste Management Limited, Southern Parks and Markets (SPM) Waste Management Limited, Western Parks and Markets (WPM) Waste Management Limited; and North Eastern Parks and Markets (NEPM) Waste Management Limited.Operators can also contract the services of a private waste collector. The NSWMA Executive Director warned that persons who continue to litter could face stiffer sanctions under new regulations to come on stream shortly for breaches of the NSWMA Act. Story Highlightslast_img read more

In the news today Aug 29

Posted on

first_imgSix stories in the news for Thursday, Aug. 29———B.C. ANTI-GANG UNITS TARGETING KIDS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLSA senior officer in the RCMP’s gang enforcement unit in Surrey, B.C., says he didn’t expect to find himself working in elementary schools. Sgt. Mike Sanchez says there are already signs of kids glorifying what he describes as a “gang lifestyle.” He says they wear clothes mimicking older kids who sell drugs and show no surprise when his team gives its presentation. A task force on gang violence found that while many promising programs, they often operate in silos and with limited budgets. The Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit says the average age of a gangster on the Lower Mainland remains in the late 20s. But the task force found teens and young adults can be attractive partners for older, more entrenched gangsters who may direct them to kill, which reduces the risk of retaliation and criminal charges.———FACTS AREN’T FAIL PROOF IN POLITICS: SURVEYA survey probing how people use facts to form beliefs suggests that even when given accurate information, many people still get the facts wrong. The Digital Democracy Project told poll participants that Canada is not on track to meet its climate-change commitments, which is true. But even when armed with that fact, barely half of those surveyed then correctly answered a question on the subject. Researchers say the results show it is possible for journalists and politicians to correct the record, but not easy. The project, led by the Public Policy Forum and the Max Bell School of Public Policy at McGill University, is exploring how people’s ideas are shaped by the information they consume and in turn how that might shape their vote this fall.———FUNERAL TODAY FOR B.C. TEEN WHO DIED OF APPARENT OVERDOSEDA celebration of life is set to be held today for a 14-year-old British Columbia boy whose apparent drug overdose death was captured on video and posted to social media. Carson Crimeni’s death on Aug. 7 in Langley, B.C., is under investigation by RCMP and B.C.’s police oversight body, the Independent Investigations Office. Crimeni was found that night in an area near the skateboard park and was rushed to hospital but was pronounced dead. RCMP have set up a 24-hour tip line seeking anyone who may have seen Crimeni in the hours before he died, as well as anyone who might have seen him with any other groups of people. An obituary published by Crimeni’s family last week described the teen as a “fun-loving jokester” who had “dreams of becoming a veterinarian or chef.” The funeral is to take place this afternoon in a Langley church.———HOSPITAL TO DEVELOP THERAPY GEARED TOWARD SOUTH ASIANSCanada’s largest mental health hospital is developing a specialized form of psychotherapy that will be catered toward Canadians of South Asian origin. The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto says it hopes to have a culturally adapted manual on the specialized form of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, or CBT, as well as a therapist training package ready by November. CAMH psychiatrist Dr. Farooq Naeem says he will be consulting with patients, caregivers, mental health professionals and community leaders on the project. He says evidence shows that CBT is as good as medications to treat depression and anxiety, as well as to prevent relapse. He says he hopes the culturally adapted C-B-T will help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health for South Asians and encourage members of the community to seek help if needed.———LIBERALS PLEDGE $1.5M TO TACKLE CAMPUS ASSAULTThe Liberal government is committing up to $1.5 million to help colleges and universities get better at dealing with sexual violence on campus. Maryam Monsef, the minister for women and gender equality, says the money is to be spent over two years to fill gaps in resources that post-secondary institutions need to tackle the problem. Student groups welcomed the effort but said those promises should be backed up by the resources and oversight needed to make them work. The Liberal government committed $5.5 million over five years toward the initiative in the 2018 federal budget, which also came with a threat. The budget said that beginning this year, the federal government would consider holding back funding from institutions that are not putting “best practices addressing sexual assaults on campus” into place.———YOUR WARD NEWS PUBLISHER SET TO BE SENTENCEDThe publisher of a free Toronto newspaper that promoted hatred against Jews and women is expected to be sentenced today. The prosecution wants 77-year-old LeRoy St. Germaine jailed for six months. St. Germaine was found guilty in January of two hate counts but sentencing has been delayed repeatedly. A week ago, the editor of Your Ward News was given a one-year term. The judge said he would have given James Sears a stiffer sentence had the law had allowed. The judge said the publication promoted hate to a large audience, both in print and online.———ALSO IN THE NEWS:— Natural Resources Minister Amarjeet Sohi makes a coal mine reclamation project announcement.— B.C. Supreme Court Justice Martha Devlin is expected to sentence James Oler, a former leader of a polygamous sect in Bountiful, B.C. Oler was convicted of removing a child from Canada to marry a member of his fundamentalist church in the United States.— Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and B.C. Premier John Horgan will make an announcement today at the BC Hydro Trades Training Centre.— Closing arguments take place today in the trial of David and Collet Stephan. They are charged with failing to provide the necessaries of life in the death of their son Ezekiel from meningitis.— Edmonton MP Randy Boissonnault to announce federal funding to help Alberta commercialize health-care products.The Canadian Presslast_img read more