The Croatian Football Federation (HNS) has been fined 100,000 euros (£77,000) for incidents including the use of fireworks and racist behaviour of supporters, UEFA has announced.A series of disturbances occurred during Croatia’s 2-2 draw with the Czech Republic in the Euro 2016 group stages in Saint-Etienne on Friday.The HNS has also been banned from selling tickets to fans identified as hooligans for the remainder of the tournament, a sanction that is deferred under a probationary period.The HNS was charged by tournament organisers UEFA following incidents relating to crowd disturbances, use of fireworks, throwing of missiles and racist behaviour.The Group D game, during which Croatia surrendered a 2-0 lead, was halted for five minutes by English referee Mark Clattenburg when flares were thrown onto the pitch in the 86th minute. One steward appeared to be thrown from his feet when one exploded near him.The HNS issued an apology and appealed for help from government and footballing authorities to tackle hooliganism and other crowd issues in Croatia.Just last month Croatia were sanctioned by world governing body FIFA following discriminatory chanting during friendlies and ordered to play their next two home World Cup qualifiers behind closed doors.Following a meeting of UEFA’s control, ethics and disciplinary body, a statement read: “Charges relating to crowd disturbances, use of fireworks, throwing of missiles and racist behaviour had been brought against the HNS, and the CEDB decided to impose the following sanctions:“A fine of E100,000.“To prohibit the HNS from selling tickets to certain fans (identified by the HNS and the Croatian authorities as hooligans) for the remainder of UEFA Euro 2016. This sanction is deferred under a probationary period until the end of the tournament.”There have been a number of issues of crowd trouble throughout the tournament.UEFA has also announced that charges have brought against Romania and Albania following the latter’s 1-0 victory over the former in Lyon on Sunday.The federations of both countries will face charges over the setting off of fireworks and throwing of objects with Albania having to answer an additional charge relating to a field invasion. A date for these matters to be dealt with is yet to be determined.Cases are also pending against Turkey, Hungary, Belgium and Portugal, while Russia have been hit with a suspended disqualification following the violence which marred their draw with England. 1 Trouble emerged in the stands during Croatia’s match with Czech Republic
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The prime ministers of Australia and Singapore in a joint press conference in Canberra, Australia, urged the United States to stay engaged in the Asia-Pacific region and called on the U.S. Congress to approve the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement. The two countries are part of the TPP, whose 12 nations have a combined 800 million consumers and represent more than 40 percent of the world’s GDP.“The ratification of the TPP by the U.S. Congress would be of enormous importance to the region and … a profoundly strategically important commitment,” said Malcolm Turnbull, Australian Prime Minister.Lee Hsien Loong, Singapore’s prime minister, who said, “we all hope the U.S. will ratify [TPP] soon,” told reports that it’s important for the United States to stay engaged in the Asia Pacific “on a broad range of areas.”Also weighing in this week on the trade deal, was Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who said in a Washington Post op-ed that how congressional lawmakers vote on the TPP “will affect the course of the United States’ security, prosperity and global influence for the rest of the 21st century and determine whether we advance or retreat from our leadership role at a time of worldwide turmoil and uncertainty.”
Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Eager to settle an old score, La Salle came out tenacious early to deal University of the Philippines its worst beating of UAAP Season 80.Ben Mbala fired 27 points and grabbed 14 rebounds as the Green Archers also gave coach Aldin Ayo a fitting birthday present with an 85-62 demolition of the Fighting Maroons on Sunday to solidify their hold of second spot at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan.ADVERTISEMENT BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City Facing one of the two teams that beat them in the past two seasons, the Archers zoomed to an early double-digit lead before coasting in the second half to raise their record to 6-2.Mbala made life difficult on UP top gun Paul Desiderio, who was held to just seven points on 2-of-13 shooting after scoring 30 points in the 98-87 win in the first round last Sept. 23.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“We wanted this win so bad,” said La Salle guard Kib Montalbo, who also ended his shooting slump with 12 points.“We have lost to them four times this year, including tune-up games and its also coach’s (Ayo) birthday.” LATEST STORIES 13 PH kids earn FC Barcelona training slots Mbala added: “We were eager, we cannot lose to the same team, which probably means that maybe we got to think about what we’re doing wrong.”Earlier, Far Eastern U inflicted more misery on winless University of Santo Tomas, while tightening its grip on fourth spot following an emphatic 96-70 victory. Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:38Duterte orders probe on radio broadcaster slay in Dumaguete02:11’Not just basketball’: Circumcisions, pageants at Philippine courts01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC View comments
Microsoft acquired Nokia has rolled out two feature phones- Nokia 130 and Nokia 130 Dual globally at EUR 19 (INR 1,500 approx.). The devices which were launched the previous month will first be available in China, Pakistan and Nigeria, followed by other markets, which have not been specified so far.The Nokia 130 and Nokia 130 Dual SIM will be available in Black, Red, and White colour options. Though the devices have been listed on the company’s website but they do not mention the pricing and availability details. The announcement was made public on the company’s blog which said “The Nokia 130 is a perfect device for people young and old alike who are looking for their first mobile phone, or for those looking for a rock-solid backup phone to use alongside their smartphone.”Both the handsets have similar specifications and run on Nokia OS Serries 30+ out-of-the-box. Nokia 130 and 130 Dual come with 1020mAh battery that offers an impressive standby talk time of 36 days and 26 days respectively.The feature phones sport a 1.8 inch QQVGA (128×168 pixels) 16-bit LCD colour display that offers 114ppi. Other than this, it also offers a microSD memory card slot, which supports storage expansion to up to 32 GB and is also equipped with a flash light. Talking about the connectivity options the device offers 2G and bluetooth connectivity options along with a Micro-USB slot for charging.
Once it takes delivery of the four remaining units, Eagle Bulk Shipping, one of the world’s largest owner-operators within the Supramax/Ultramax segment, will have a fleet of 50 ships, including 20 Ultramax drybulk vessels acquired over the last 36 months.,Four of the six bulkers, acquired earlier through two separate deals, would be delivered with scrubbers. The additions are part of Eagle Bulk Shipping’s fleet renewal strategy.,Once it takes delivery of the four remaining units, Eagle Bulk Shipping, one of the world’s largest owner-operators within the Supramax/Ultramax segment, will have a fleet of 50 ships, including 20 Ultramax drybulk vessels acquired over the last 36 months. zoomIllustration; Source: PxHere under CC0 Creative Commons license U.S.-based ship owner and operator Eagle Bulk Shipping has taken delivery of the second of six recently acquired Ultramax drybulk vessels.The ship, that has been renamed the M/V Sydney Eagle, is a 2015-built, high specification scrubber-fitted SDARI-64 bulker built at Jiangsu New Hantong Ship Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.The first unit from the batch, that has been renamed the M/V Dublin Eagle, was delivered to its new owner less than a week earlier.Four of the six bulkers, acquired earlier through two separate deals, would be delivered with scrubbers. The additions are part of Eagle Bulk Shipping’s fleet renewal strategy.