爱上海乌托邦新人

Jeremy Miado out to prove quick KO no fluke in rematch vs Thai foe

Posted on

first_imgNadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil LATEST STORIES View comments Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Critics attributed Miado’s victory to sheer luck, something that the 26-year-old Manila native clearly doesn’t agree with.“Some people are saying it was a lucky shot, that I just got the timing right,” Miado said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets‍‍‍ offers from Asia, Australian ball clubs“They are entitled to their opinions, but for me, whenever I have an upcoming match, I prepare for it to the best of my abilities to show what I can do,” he added. “That’s how I have always been—win or lose, I give my everything out there.”Miado is raring to beat Amnuaysirichoke in their rematch but knows it won’t be as easy as the first time. “I know that Dej really wants to avenge that loss and is really preparing well for this match,” he said.“I do want to give him a chance to prove himself in the cage because it happened really fast.” Miado is not only seeking validation but he is also targeting a world title shot and he believes that a repeat over the Thai warrior would do the trick.“I am doubling the effort of my preparation now compared to the last time because I know that he won’t be the same person that I competed against,” he said. “I believe that [a world title shot] will happen if I get the win against Dej. Hopefully, I get to compete against one of the top contenders for the World Title, but right now, I’m only focused on Dej.”ADVERTISEMENT Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Photo from ONE ChampionshipMANILA, Philippines—Filipino Jeremy Miado aims to prove that his quick knockout win over former ONE strawweight champion Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke is no fluke when they meet again in ONE: Call to Greatness on Saturday at Singapore Indoor Stadium.Miado scored a big time upset last year when he needed only 84 seconds to knock out Amnuaysirichoke.ADVERTISEMENT Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award MOST READ In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college UAAP juniors finals: Blue Eaglets ‘outworked’ by Bullpups in Game 1 loss Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebralast_img read more

GCAA being “vindictive” – Guyana Airways CEO

Posted on

first_imgFallout over airlineOne day after the Director of the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA), Egbert Field came out saying that the Guyana Airways Corporation (GAC) never filed an application with the Authority to operate in Guyana, the airline has lashed back saying that the GCAA is doing nothing but trying to create discourse and is being vindictive in its ways.Guyana Airways CEO Collin AbramsIn response to the statements made by Field, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the airline, Collin Abrams during a telephone interview with Guyana Times on Monday morning said the GCAA is being vindictive, especially since the airline recently won a court order against the Government and because the Director happens to be affiliated with Fly Jamaica.“For him to say that, it’s vindictive and I don’t know why he’s got this smear campaign against Guyana Airways,” Abrams argued.According to the airline’s CEO, GAC met with the Civil Aviation Authority back in March 19, 2018, and the two were locked in discussions concerning the operations of the airline.However, it was five months after the initial talks that the airline was greeted with a court order, which documented that the name of the airline had been removed from the registry; it also ordered a resubmission of documents for the proposed operations.“We filed a pre-application…then we filed a PASI (Pre-application Statement of Intent) -that’s the pre-application stage and after you filed that…we were supposed to file the actual AOC (Air Operator Certificate) application, but we could not have filed the application until we had everything in place (such as) contracts for the aircraft, ground handling, hire contracts, every single thing had to be in place before you could submit the AOC application,” Abrams explained.He went on to say that the airline was hoping to resume its application from where it left off. “Five months later when we were in the midst of our process they (GCAA) interjected themselves, telling us, in a legal matter, that they stopped the entire process,” Abrams recalled.GCAA Director Egbert FieldNonetheless the CEO said that GAC will be hand-delivering that court order, where they won the case against the Government for the use of the airline’s name, to resume the process.On Saturday Field said the airline never filed an application to operate in Guyana.Although it has been in the air that the proprietor of the airline had submitted his application for operations, the director noted, “They’ll have to submit an application. They never did submit an application before and I want to make it pretty clear.”According to him, Guyana Airways filed an ‘intent of operations’ on the work they intended to pursue. Guyana Airways was hoping to begin operations in February 2019 as was related by its CEO.His dream may once again be postponed as this may not be possible since it takes at least 12 or 13 months before an airline’s application is approved due to the processing requirements.This period, Field said, is “absolutely important” as officials would use this phase to ensure that all aspects of the operation are covered such as training for staffers, evaluation of personnel and the documentation of the airline, essentially the operations manual, flight attendant manual, weight and balance manual, maintenance manual and several others, to outline the procedures for the specific section.Government had taken the private airline to court this year for using the name which was used by two other companies which no longer exist.The inconvenienced businessman explained during a previous interview, “Two years after we’ve been registered and putting all this together and spending all this money, they just snuffed the life out of us without a hearing, without anything. We just had a marshal show up at our secretary’s home and that’s it, so they kinda murdered us.”According to him, 110 flight attendants have already been hired for the two airlines which will soon provide flights to Cuba, Barbados and Trinidad for now and will extend its services to the United States of America when Guyana becomes authorised to do so.last_img read more

Zidane wants £80m Chelsea and Man City target as his first Galactico signing

Posted on

first_img1 Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba is wanted by Zinedine Zidane Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane wants to make Paul Pogba his first signing, according to reports in Spain.The Juventus midfielder is one of the hottest prospects in European football and is wanted by all of the continent’s elite clubs.Barcelona and Manchester City are seen as the frontrunners, but Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain are also keen.According to AS, however, Zidane is determined to lure Pogba to Real Madrid during the summer transfer window.The Frenchman believes the former Manchester United man is the perfect player to provide some pace and power to the middle of Los Blancos’ midfield.Juventus, though, are reluctant to part with the 22-year-old – unless a club forks over a world record transfer fee of over £80m.last_img read more

Hornish Jr. sad to see IRL leave

Posted on

first_img The IRL and California Speedway officials could not agree on race dates for 2006, and it appears that dates for 2007 are questionable, too. That means this weekend’s race could be the series’ finale in the Southern California market for several years. “It’s a great race track for us,’ Hornish said. “We certainly want to come back here, and we’re sorry it did not work out.’ Sam Hornish Jr. does not want to leave Southern California anytime soon. But Hornish appears to be making his swan song with the Indy Racing League this weekend. Qualifying for the Indy Toyota 400 at California Speedway is at 3 p.m. today and the race is scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday on the two-mile oval. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Hornish has two victories and a fourth-place finish in three tries at Fontana, with the fourth coming last year. In his 2003 victory, there was only one caution period and his winning average speed was an astounding 207.151 mph. “I’m disappointed, but it’s not my call’ he said. “It’s a track that you know you can pass on. There are some tracks, like Nazareth, where you have limited passing. But here, you can get back to the front if you’re back in traffic. This track, you know you have the opportunity to make changes to the car during the race, and make it better, and still have the opportunity to win.’ Hornish cannot win the series title, which has already been clinched by Dan Wheldon, but the Team Penske driver can still take second; he’s in third, 26 points behind Tony Kanaan. Hornish, 25, has won twice this season and has three poles. He was on the pole and won at Michigan, which many consider very similar to California Speedway. He also won at Phoenix. Teammate Helio Castroneves was on the California pole last year. center_img With the IRL shortening the schedule from 17 races to 14, one thing Hornish says could be done is that could he race in more series. He mentioned IROC and the 24 Hours of Daytona. But NASCAR? “Roger (Penske) and I discussed that before I signed my contract,’ he said. “It’s whatever Roger wants me to do. I’m not starting any rumors.’ Keith Lair can be reached at (626) 962-8811, Ext. 2272, or by e-mail at keith.lair@sgvn.com. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more