爱上海KC

EIOPA finalises pension fund data reporting requirements

Posted on

first_imgThe European Central Bank (ECB) has also introduced pension fund reporting requirements, having adopted a regulation for this at the end of February.The ECB and EIOPA came to their final positions after hearing concerns from pension funds about the burden the requirements could cause. EIOPA said its consultation process had been “intensive”.A spokeswoman said EIOPA had collaborated very closely with the ECB and achieved “a high-level of convergence between the reporting regimes, which would enable a ‘single data flow’ and streamlined reporting processes for industry”. The ECB has made similar comments.There are three main types of information to be submitted to EIOPA: balance sheet information, inputs and assumptions used for valuations, and flow data.The former is intended to allow EIOPA to assess a pension fund’s financial and solvency position.Information about the inputs and assumptions used for valuations, meanwhile, would provide “comparable information of highly complex and divergent European occupational pensions sector with the aim to understand specific market characteristics”. Flow data would allow trends to be detected and the reasons for changes from one reporting year to another to be analysed.EIOPA’s requirements for quarterly reporting will apply from the third quarter of 2019. Annual reports will apply from 2019 onwards, taking into account a transition period and a specific approach for smaller pension funds. The first reporting deadline under the ECB regulation will also begin with the third quarter of 2019, later than the original proposal.PensionsEurope, the European pension fund lobby group, has previously questioned the legal basis for EIOPA’s information gathering. European pension statistics will be “significantly enhanced” as a result of new reporting requirements, according to the European pension fund supervisory authority.The European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA) today announced it had made a final decision about requirements for the reporting of information about occupational pension funds by national supervisory authorities.With this decision, EIOPA said, it had “defined a single framework for regular information requests towards national competent authorities… to effectively monitor and assess the European occupational pensions sector, with a particular focus on effects to [sic] financial stability”.The framework would facilitate smooth and efficient reporting processes and enable “appropriate monitoring” and “thorough assessments” of market developments to do with occupational pensions. EIOPA would also be able to carry out in-depth economic analyses of the occupational pension market as a result, it said.last_img read more

Fan confrontation: Dier facing ban after being hit with FA charge

Posted on

first_imgEric Dier is facing a lengthy ban after being hit with an FA misconduct charge. Tottenham midfielder Dier climbed into the stand to confront a fan who was having a row with his brother after their FA Cup exit to Norwich last month. Eric Dier confronted a fan after Tottenham’s FA Cup defeat Dier has until May 8 to respond and it is understood he will put forward his mitigating circumstances and Spurs boss Jose Mourinho has already put forward a robust defence of his player. However, if Dier is found guilty or he accepts the charge then his punishment will be decided by an independent panel and, even though there is no set sanction or tariff in the law book, it would most likely result in a hefty suspension. The Football Association has now pressed ahead with the case after the Metropolitan Police did not press charges despite launching an investigation into the incident. Dier spotted a row taking place in the family section, climbed up several rows of seats to intervene and had to be separated by stewards and other fans.Advertisement Mourinho said at the time: “I think Eric Dier did something that we professionals cannot do but in these circumstances every one of us would do. “Because when somebody insults you, and your family is there, and you get involved with the person that is insulting you, in this case a younger brother, I think Eric did what we professionals cannot do.” A statement from the FA read: “Eric Dier has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3. Jose Mourinho has sided with his player Read Also: Arsenal to miss CL spot as UEFA opt for points system if season cut short “It is alleged that the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder’s actions at the conclusion of the Emirates FA Cup fixture against Norwich City FC on Wednesday, March 4 2020 were improper and/or threatening. Eric Dier has until Friday, May 8 2020 to provide a response.” Dier’s team-mate Dele Alli is still waiting for the outcome of another charge. Alli was charged by the FA on February 26 for misconduct after he posted an ill-advised video on Snapchat about coronavirus a fortnight earlier and the case is still ongoing. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… center_img Promoted ContentHere Are The Best Movies Since 1982 You Should Definitely See10 Places On Our Planet Where The Most People Live10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Thailand’s Most Exquisite Architectural Wonders7 Mysterious Discoveries Archaeologists Still Can’t Explain6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical5 Reasons Why The Black Widow Solo Movie Will Be Awesome11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top8 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffeelast_img read more

‘My face is everywhere’ – Ashleigh Barty feels the love at Australian Open

Posted on

first_imgMELBOURNE: Ashleigh Barty is relishing the pressure at her home Australian Open — but joked on Sunday that she is sick of seeing pictures of herself everywhere.The world number one is bidding to become Australia’s first women’s singles champion in Melbourne since Chris O’Neil in 1978.Expectations of the 23-year-old are huge and she has become the face of the year’s first Grand Slam, her picture heavily featured on billboards around the city and in local newspapers.”My face is everywhere a little bit, isn’t it? I’m a bit sick of it, to be honest,” the down-to-earth Barty said with a smile on the eve of the tournament.”(But) there’s no extra pressure, I don’t read the papers, I don’t kind of look into any more than I need to. I’m here with my team trying to do the best that we can. It’s amazing to have so much support and so much love from the Australian public. I’ve really felt that in an exceptional way over the last 12 months. It’s been incredible.”Barty begins her Australian Open title assault on Monday against 120th-ranked Lesia Tsurenko — the Ukrainian beat her in their previous meeting, in Brisbane in 2018.Barty has since surged to the top of women’s tennis, winning her maiden Grand Slam last year at Roland Garros and carrying Australia’s tennis hopes.Her Australian Open preparations got off to a patchy start when she suffered a surprise defeat to American qualifier Jennifer Brady in Brisbane at the start of the year.But on Saturday she triumphed against another Ukrainian, Dayana Yastremska, to win the Adelaide International — her landmark first title on home soil.”Obviously it’s the perfect preparation,” Barty said. “But regardless of whether I won the title or not last week (Saturday), I feel like I’m well prepared.”I’m happy, I’m healthy, I’m coming into the first Grand Slam of the year with a smile on my face.”That’s all I can ask of myself.”Barty, who hopes to feed off the “electric” Melbourne crowd, is determined to enjoy herself and cannot wait to step out onto the imposing Rod Laver Arena on Monday evening. AgenciesAlso Read: Ashleigh Barty fights to title victory at Adelaide InternationalAlso Watch: Watch Bhogali Bihu preparation from Guwahati ahead ‘Uruka’ (Night before Magh Bihu)last_img read more

Syracuse receives verbal commitment from Florida wide receiver Sean Avant

Posted on

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Florida wide receiver Sean Avant has verbally committed to Syracuse, Scout.com reported Saturday.The 6-foot, 180-pound Avant is the latest member of the Orange’s recruiting Class of 2013. Avant is from Miramar High School in Miramar, Fla., the same school Orange cornerback Keon Lyn attended.Scout.com rates Avant as a two-star recruit, while Rivals gave him three stars. According to Scout.com, Avant also had offers from Bowling Green, Marshall, Wake Forest and West Virginia, among others. Comments Published on April 28, 2013 at 1:43 pm Contact Chris: cjiseman@syr.edu | @chris_isemanlast_img read more