Sigrid

Swissco Seals Charter Contracts for Two AHTS Vessels

Posted on

first_imgSwissco, October 10, 2013 My location 此页面无法正确加载 Google 地图。您是否拥有此网站?确定 zoom Mainboard-listed Swissco Holdings Limited, announced that it has secured charter contracts worth an aggregate of US$7.17 million for its vessels.The Group secured 2 years charter contracts each for its two anchor handling tugs (AHTs), ‘Swissco Superior’ and ‘Swissco Singapore’ and the two AHTs are to be deployed in West Africa. One of the AHT has already reached West Africa; while the other is due to depart for the location by the end of the week. Both contracts are given to Swissco by a UAE oil and gas company operating in West Africa and the contracts come with 3 x 1 year extension options.Besides securing the above contracts, Swissco also secured immediate short term contracts for two of its newly delivered vessels, ‘Swissco Ruby’ and ‘Swissco Neptune’. Both the vessels are mobilised to go straight to the work sites currently.‘Swissco Ruby’ is an Anchor Handling Tug Supply vessel (AHTS) while ‘Swissco Neptune’ is a 58 metres long multi-purpose work boat with DP-1 capabilities. Both these vessels are newly delivered.“The demand for our vessels remains healthy and we are pleased to have chartered out our two AHTs to our Middle Eastern client for deployment in West Africa. Besides these contracts, we are able to secure immediate short term charters for our two newly delivered vessels, comprising an AHTS and a multi-purpose work maintenance vessel immediately after delivery. We believe that chartering side will continue to see strong demand and with that background, we are focused on our vessel expansion and fleet renewal program to enhance our fleet capabilities,” said Mr. Alex Yeo, Chief Executive Officer of Swissco.The Group would also like to provide an update on the vessel fleet. Print  Closelast_img read more

Navy arrests 19 Indian fishermen

Posted on

Earlier this week sixteen fishermen, arrested by Sri Lankan Naval personnel for allegedly fishing in the island nation’s international maritime boundary on March 3, were released. The navy arrested 19 Indian fishermen this evening for entering Sri Lankan waters illegally.Navy spokesman Kosala Warnakulasuriya said that the fishermen had crossed the international maritime boundary line off Mannar. The fishermen had been released following efforts taken by Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa who twice wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging the Centre to ensure their release.The latest arrest comes as Indian Defence Minister AK Antony had said in a statement this week that from time to time, there have been reports of incidents of attack on Indian fishermen, allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy. He said the Indian Government has been consistently taking up such issues with the Government of Sri Lanka to ensure that the Sri Lankan Navy acts with restraint and Indian fishermen found near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) are treated in a humane manner.“In order to avoid recurrence of incidents involving our fishermen and keeping in mind the humanitarian and livelihood dimensions of fishermen issues, Government has reached an understanding with the Government of Sri Lanka in October, 2008, to put in place practical arrangements to deal with bonafide Indian and Sri Lankan fishermen crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL),” he said.Antony said that as part of these arrangements, it has been agreed that there would be no firing on Indian fishing vessels and that Indian fishing vessels would not enter the sensitive areas designated by the Government of Sri Lanka along its coastline. (Colombo Gazette) He said the Indians had come on four fishing boats and that they have been handed over to the police for further investigations. read more