上海夜网YY

Kyklades Maritime Sells 5-Year-Old Aframax

Posted on

first_imgGreece-based shipowner Kyklades Maritime has reached an agreement to sell its Aframax tanker Nissos Santorini to Singapore’s Eastern Pacific Shipping.Under the deal, signed on May 30, the 115,700 dwt tanker is being sold for a price of USD 30.3 million, slightly over its market value of USD 29.7 million, according to data provided by VesselsValue.Featuring a capacity of 123,646 m3, Nissos Santorini was built in 2012 by South Korean shipbuilder Samsung Heavy Industries.Following the completion of this transaction, Kyklades Maritime will operate a fleet of nine vessels, including four LR2 ships, three Aframaxes and two Suezmaxes.The owner has two Suezmax tankers currently on order at Japan Marine United. With 157,100 dwt, the ships, which have a market value of over USD 55.2 million a piece, are scheduled to be handed over in April and July 2018, respectively.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more

Chad bans Islamic face veil after suicide bombings

Posted on

first_imgAnyone found wearing a burqa would be “arrested, tried and sentenced in summary proceedings”, he added.Chad’s government on Tuesday declared three days of national mourning for the 33 people killed and more than 100 others wounded in the blasts.Monday’s bombings, the first such attacks in the capital of Muslim-majority Chad, have been blamed on Boko Haram jihadists who have previously carried out bloody assaults on villages along the border with Nigeria.The Islamist militants have used female suicide bombers to launch attacks in the past by hiding explosive devices under their clothes.The attackers were on motorcycles when they blew themselves up outside two police buildings in the capital, N’Djamena.Chad President Idriss Deby said he was “not surprised” the country has been targeted because of the leading role its army is playing in a regional offensive against Boko Haram fighters operating out of northeastern Nigeria. Security officers stand at the site of a suicide bombing in Ndjamena, Chad, on MondayMuslim women in Chad will no longer wear their full face veil.This comes after the government banned the full face veil following suicide bomb attacks in the country on Monday.The government has blamed Nigeria’s militant group Boko Haram for the attacks which killed more than 20 people.“Wearing the full face veil which is also called ‘Burqa’ must stop immediately from today, not only in public places and schools but throughout the whole of the country,” Prime Minister Kalzeube Pahimi Deubet said in a speech to religious leaders the day before the start of the holy Muslim festival of Ramadaan.Any type of clothing that leaves only the eyes visible is a form of “camouflage” and is now banned, he added, asking the religious leaders to spread the message in their mosques, churches and holy places.Prime Minister Deubet said instructions had been given to security forces to “go into the markets and to seize all the burqas on sale and burn them”.Chad says the full face Veil is a camouflage for attackers from the Boko Haram grouplast_img read more

Inter Milan players all test negative for coronavirus

Posted on

first_imgRelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians Inter Milan’s entire first team squad have given negative results in testing for the coronavirus, the Serie A club said on Friday as they prepared to resume training.Nearly all Serie A clubs have re-started training on an individual basis this week following a two-month stoppage due to the coronavirus pandemic and all players and staff are subject to testing. Sampdoria said previously they had found three new positive cases, Fiorentina reported six positive tests – three players and three back-up staff – and Torino one.“FC Internazionale Milan announces that all the medical tests the first team underwent were negative,” the club said in a statement. “Optional individual training sessions will begin this afternoon.”“The club maintains the utmost attention to the preventive measures for the health of the players and all members of the club, in compliance with all government guidelines and the protection of public health.”The players underwent both swab and antibody testing.Although training is underway, it is not certain government will give permission for Serie A to restart this season and it is currently reviewing the Italian football federation’s medical protocol. Reuters/NAN.Tags: COVID-19Inter MilanItalyNegative Test ResultsSerie Alast_img read more