The Boss himself, Bruce Springsteen, has been performing the entirety of his classic 1980 album The River on tour. With a number of dates set for Europe in the coming months, Springsteen has just announced plans to return to the US with more of The River for his loyal American fans.The eight new shows are all at stadiums nationwide, including stops in East Rutherford, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly and more. Tickets for the new shows go on sale throughout the coming days, and you can find more information here. The full schedule of Springsteen’s tour is seen below:Bruce Springsteen 2016 Tour Dates: 05/14 – Barcelona, ES @ Camp Nou 05/17 – San Sebastian, ES @ Anoeta Stadium 05/19 – Lisbon, PT @ Rock in Rio Lisboa 05/21 – Madrid, ES @ Santiago Bernabeu Stadium 05/25 – Manchester, UK @ Manchester Etihad Stadium 05/27 – Dublin, IE @ Croke Park 05/29 – Dublin, IE @ Croke Park 06/01 – Glasgow, UK @ Hampden Park 06/03 – Coventry, UK @ Coventry Ricoh Arena 06/05 – London, UK @ Wembley Stadium 06/14 – The Hague, NL @ Malieveld 06/17 – Munich, DE @ Olympiastadion 06/19 – Berlin, DE @ Olympiastadion 06/22 – Copenhagen, DK @ Parken Stadium 06/25 – Gothenburg, SE @ Ullevi 06/27 – Gothenburg, SE @ Ullevi 06/29 – Ullevaal Stadion 07/03 – Milan, IT @ San Siro Stadium 07/05 – Milan, IT @ San Siro Stadium 07/09 – Werchter, BE @ Festival Park 07/11 – Paris, FR @ Accorhotels Arena 07/13 – Paris, FR @ Accorhotels Arena 07/16 – Rome, IT @ Circus Maximus 07/20 – Horsens, DK @ Casa Arena 07/23 – Gothenburg, SE @ Ullevi 07/26 – Trondheim, NO @ Granasen Arena 07/28 – Oslo, NO @ Frogner Park 07/31 – Zurich, CH @ Stadion Letzigrund 08/23 – East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium 08/25 – East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium 08/28 – Chicago, IL @ United Center 09/01 – Washington, DC @ Nationals Park 09/03 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheater 09/07 – Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park 09/11 – Pittsburgh, PA @ CONSOL Energy Center 09/14 – Foxborough, MA @ Gillette Stadium
By Dialogo August 11, 2009 Spain’s deputy prime minister said that Madrid respects Colombia’s decision, “in the exercise of its sovereignty,” to reach an accord with Washington on allowing U.S. troops to be stationed at bases in the Andean nation. Maria Teresa Fernandez de la Vega expressed that respect during a press conference at the presidential palace in Bogota after meeting with head of state Alvaro Uribe. She denied the Spanish government had changed its position on the matter after an initial statement about it by Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos, who said last week on a visit to Brazil that the pact could lead to a militarization of the region. Fernandez de la Vega said that Moratinos himself refined that statement in a subsequent telephone conversation with his Colombian counterpart. After receiving additional information from Uribe, she could say the Colombian government has taken a decision in the exercise of its sovereignty to do whatever gets results in the fight against terrorism and drug trafficking, and the Spanish administration respects that decision “because it couldn’t be any other way.” Asked whether Spain might mediate the hostility of countries like Venezuela and Ecuador for the pact between Colombia and the United States, she would only say that Spain will always work in favor of dialogue to seek a reconciliation of positions. Officials in the Spanish delegation said that Fernandez de la Vega told Uribe that the government of Spanish Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero is willing to explore ways to help lower tensions by establishing contacts with governments in the region. Uribe appeared briefly with the deputy prime minister at the press conference, but made his exit before the questions started, leaving Vice President Francisco Santos to face reporters. Fernandez de la Vega took advantage of his appearance to confirm Spain’s commitment to “walk side by side with Colombia and Uribe” to achieve an end to violence in this country. A position that she also conveyed to a group of representatives of organizations working in favor of peace with whom she met previously. Fernandez de la Vega and Santos were together in describing bilateral relations as extraordinary and saying that proof is the coming transfer to Afghanistan of a Colombian military unit under the command of the Spanish contingent in the Asian nation.
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The Nigeria Football Federation will be $500,000 (N180,500,000) richer as the World football body FIFA is set to release $150 million (139 million euros) to its member football associations to help handle financial troubles caused by the coronavirus, the global governing body said on Friday.FIFA said that “all operational funding” for 2019 and 2020 would be distributed amongst the 211 member associations in the next few days “as the first step of a relief plan to assist the football community impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic”. Each national governing body will receive $500,000, that FIFA said would normally be delivered “upon fulfilment of specific criteria”, but will release those funds and any “remaining entitlement for 2019 and 2020”.FIFA president Gianni Infantino said the funds were the “first step of a far-reaching financial relief plan we are developing to respond to the emergency across the whole football community”.“It is FIFA’s duty to be there and support the ones that are facing acute needs,” added Infantino. “This starts by providing immediate financial assistance to our member associations, many of which are experiencing severe financial distress.”The funds come from the Forward 2.0 programme, which was launched in 2016 and will provide $1.746 billion (around 1.6 billion euros) in total over the 2019-2022 period.— Tags: CoronavirusCOVID-19FIFANFF